· Forrest County – 4 deaths; 56 injuries: 428 homes damaged; assessments are still ongoing throughout the county. Multiple roads are still closed due to debris.
· Lamar County – 30 homes damaged; multiple roads closed due to debris and flooding.
· Lauderdale County – One injury; 12 homes damaged.
· Perry County – One injury; 10 homes damaged; one road closed due to debris and flooding.
· Pike – Two homes damaged; one road closed.
· Wilkinson – Three homes damaged.
The National Weather Service in Jackson confirmed an EF-3 tornado struck portions of Lamar, Forrest, and Perry counties on Saturday.
There are an estimated 7,600 residents without power statewide, according to Mississippi Power and the Electric Power Association. The following utility companies are reporting:
· Entergy – Reporting 752 outages
· Dixie Electric Power Association – Reporting 1,465 outages
· Pearl River Electric Power Association – Reporting 2,676 outages
The State Emergency Operations Center remains activated with MEMA and key state agencies coordinating resources to the affected areas.